Paula Deen's Apple Pie

So we had some apples from our apple tree. My mom and I kept saying, "We should make a pie. We should make apple crisp." blah blah. So finally I decided to make an apple pie. I wanted to make one that was easy, and one that I wouldn't have to buy a bunch of ingredients for and I came across Paula Deen's recipe. That was the one. I had everything and it seemed simple enough. But I bought some back up apples, just in case our apples were too sour or too icky. I ended up using two of our apples and the rest were store bought. I made the whole thing from scratch and baked it in our new Le Creuset pie dish. I did learn a lesson from this baking endeavor: put a foil cuff around the crust so it doesn't burn too badly. But other than that, it was delicious =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment